2017 Sustainability Campaign
We are excited to introduce our Sustainability point-of-sale campaign for select markets. Sustainability isn’t a buzzword for us – it’s our way of life, and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to share that story in the marketplace. We will have case wraps, case stickers, shelftalkers and something new and special: bottle neckers with a wildflower seed packet attached. It is a fresh and new concept for Dry Creek Vineyard, and we can’t wait to see how you bring it to life in the market.
Dry Creek Vineyard officially became 100% Certified Sustainable in 2015, though we have been employing many of these principles for over 25 years. Here are just a few examples of what we are doing to lessen our carbon footprint:
- SOLAR POWER: In 2012, the winery began installation of solar panels. With solar energy now powering the daily energy needs of the winery, Dry Creek Vineyard’s “off grid” approach has taken another step in protecting and preserving our environment.
- WATER CONSERVATION: We use high pressure, low flow devices for cleaning our tanks and barrels.
- CELLAR LIGHTING: We use lower energy lighting in our production areas and motion sensors limit when lighting is used.
- MINIMAL PRODUCTION WASTE: We recycle all organic waste materials from the conversion of grapes to wine.
- RECYCLING: We recycle everything we can, including glass and cardboard.
- GREEN TEAM: Meets regularly to evaluate existing work and devise solutions to ecologically challenging problems.
- INSECTARY GARDEN & VINEYARD WALK: Our insectary garden and self-guided vineyard walk is designed to educate visitors on sustainability and our healthy ecosystem.
- COMMUNITY EDUCATION: Through our public relations and local efforts, we educate the community and our industry on what we are doing to rebuild our eco-system and reduce our impact on the environment.
- CAR CHARGING STATION: We support drivers of eco-friendly cars by offering a car charging
station in the car park.
We hope that our Sustainability campaign will resonate with our buyers and consumers and invite them for a closer look at Dry Creek Vineyard. Please contact your V2 Sales Rep to find out if these point-of-sale materials are available in your area.