Dry Creek Vineyard Wine Pairing:
Petite Zin Rosé
- 2 medium beets
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ⅓ cup, plus 1 tbsp and 1 tsp, of K&D Mercantile Estate Olive Oil, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp K&D Mercantile Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 ounce fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup microgreens
- ¼ tablespoon pistachio oil (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a baking dish, toss the beets with the garlic clove, thyme and a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender. Let cool, then peel and quarter the beets. Transfer the beets to a bowl. Note: If using golden and red beets, put them in separate bowls.
Toss the pistachios with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with ⅓ cup olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss the beets with the vinaigrette and place onto plates. Crumble the goat cheese on top and sprinkle with pistachios and microgreens. Finish by drizzling with pistachio oil, if using. Enjoy!