Pairing: Dry Creek Vineyard DCV Block 10 Chardonnay
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup chardonnay
- 1 ball fresh pizza dough (if frozen, make sure it’s thawed)
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 oz white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450° and lightly grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook sausage, breaking up with a spoon, until crumbly and lightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Pour all but 1 tablespoon oil from pan, then add garlic and onions, cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add Chardonnay and Swiss chard, stirring until wilted, 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
Spread cornmeal onto a clean work surface, roll out dough into a large oval or rectangle, and transfer to a greased baking sheet. Add the mozzarella, sausage, and Swiss chard, then top with white cheddar and Parmesan.
Bake pizza until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, season with salt and pepper, and cut into pieces.